The present St. Feidlimidh or Femim Diocese of Kilmore cathedral was built in 1864, replacing an earlier structure dating from the seventeenth century. Features of the Anglican cathedral include a fine example of Irish Romanesque art style doorway brought from the nearby ruined Trinity Island priory. Nearby the cathedral is the grave of Bishop William Bedell (1642), died during the Irish rebellion of 1641 and was held as a hostage prisoner in Clough Oughter castle. He is especially remembered for his translation of the bible into Irish, so that it could be read by ordinary Irish speaking people. There is a copy of this inside the cathedral for visitors to see. The large sycamore tree beside Bishop Bedell's grave is 'reputed' to have been planted by the bishop himself. A tour guide will be needed to see the interior of the cathedral.
The cathedral is located just 13 minutes away from Killeshandra.